Tabs - pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

2012 Relay for Life

  Last night was the 2012 Hopkins/Minnetonka Relay For Life event for American Cancer Society - this was my 6th year participating.  Kevin and I raised $1,145.00! Hooray! Thank you to everyone who donated! + there's still time to donate to the cause = here on my fundraising page.
   $500.00 of that total came from the fundraising from the artist and designer participants in Finch's Holiday Time Boutique this past December.
  ...AND!...The weather turned out great!
  Owen and Brooke had a great time!
Nordy from the Minnesota WILD came to hang out. When Brooke saw him she said "Easter Bunny!"

Opening Ceremonies: All of the cancer survivors out on the track. My mom joined the survivors this year - you can see her head in the second row, second in from the far side.
The entire track was lined in luminary bags - here's just a few I decorated in honor of my mom, Bonnie.
I was pretty nervous! I was asked to be the speaker at the Luminary Lighting Ceremony this year to talk about my experience this year with my mom's cancer - update: 3 months after surgery, and she's doing great!
Thanks to Deb & Riley, and Ian, Sara, Noodle & Julian for coming out to show their support!
The bags all lit up!
Still to come: the official team photo of "Angels of Hope"

No comments:

Post a Comment