Tabs - pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Relay for Life

I am participating in Relay For Life for the American Cancer Society for the 5th year in a row (maybe 6th?). The event is really important for raising money to help in the research to cure Cancer. It's coming up on June 24th-25th. My Relay Team, captained by event co-chair, my mom Bonnie, is made up of family and friends - Our team name: "Angels of Hope."
If you or a loved one has been touched my Cancer, please consider donating via my fundraising page. Any amount will really make a difference towards this great cause.
The event takes place at Hopkins High School as 'teams' spend the night, and take turns walking around the track ALL NIGHT. The track is lined with luminary bags that are lit as it gets dark around 9pm. Each of the bags are decorated "In Memory Of" or "In Honor Of" for individuals who are battling or who have lost their lives to Cancer. With a $10.00 donation to my site, I will decorate a luminary bag on your behalf with a name, message, you name it. I can even snap a picture of the bag and send it your way. Send me a message with details, and I will ensure that a lovely luminary bag is there, at the event, ready to glow all night showing support and instilling hope for everyone, especially your friend or family member.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment