Tabs - pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cabin Favorites

   I've been visiting Kevin's family's cabin in St. Croix Falls, WI for years - my first trip was the weekend right before I turned 18 - so a *while ago...  At around 1 hour 15 minutes away, it's far enough to get out of the city; away from home, but close enough so as NOT to spend the whole day on the road. We get to spend time with Nana, head out on the boat, eat really great food, visit the nearby Fawn-Doe-Rosa, set off fireworks, check out the Pea-Pick'n-Flea Market, and lay around reading all day...
   Here are a few more of my favorite things about the cabin:
I love the metal bird artwork that hangs above the fireplace
Nana's collection of birdhouses - these are just a fraction...
family photos everywhere - including the best shot of Kevin when he was little with Poppy on the dock fishing.
a few pieces I've created for the Cabin up in the kitchen...
Finch and his brother Rocko always have a great time
+ this year at the Fawn Doe Rosa
These were a few of my favorite friends this year - the little Alpaca (upper right) was SOOOOOO soft...
Can't wait to get back to the cabin in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment