Tabs - pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Hello Gray House!

   When planning to re-side our home exterior, I knew that I liked the idea of a more industrial, corrugated steel siding look - I tracked down some inspiration photos to sell Kevin on my plan for the siding and new lighting for the house.
I really like the green vertical siding on the left + the mix of the wooden steps on the right looks so warm and modern. Not sure if we could commit to a whole green house, but there's something nice about the natural green color...
Gray siding + Yellow door seems right up our alley right? Another good example of the great vertical corrugate + I liked this light fixture on the right side - yes, it's shown as a bathroom fixture, but still - thought this style was quirky and updated and not too modern...
   When going through the process of meeting with representatives from different siding companies, we explored several siding options - steel, steel corrugate, vinyl, etc. - and really considered the cost impact, and of course, can we get the look we like.
   Finally, we determined that we would walk away steel corrugate due to cost, but still achieve the look via a vertical Board & Batten style in vinyl. Now if you're like me, you cringe a little bit when you hear vinyl - Vinyl kind of makes me think of granny-siding, that's fragile and not attractive - well I was finally convinced that they don't make vinyl like they used to...

Good-bye poop brown house!  Here is our new gray house!


The garage door was left brown of course, so Kevin painted it right away - it looked  PRETTY bad with the new gray...

+ here is our "Accent Wall" - Green siding on the wall where our deck is (the only chance I had to snap a pic was kind of a cloudy, shadowy day, so...) + our new light fixtures for the front, sides of house + garage!
(Not surprised to see a certain pup named Finch, keeping an eye on me through the door!)
We're so pleased with our results and don't miss the poop brown color for a second!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! It gives your house a whole new look. Great job you two!

    ReplyDelete