Tabs - pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Deck the Walls...with SOMETHING! Please!

   Kevin had informed me that he had grown tired of our lonely, bare walls. I admit, I'm still having some wall-space-commitment-issues, but I'm starting to get over it. Even though we've been in the new house for a year now (is it still 'new' after one year? It still feels 'new'...), we haven't purchased new furnishings for the whole house. We've been up to our eyeballs in renovations and remodeling, 'new couches' hasn't been checked off the 'to do' list.
   THIS is the reason I hesitate: without finished room and furniture placement, I have a hard time committing to hanging things on the walls.
- Front Entryway: Complete - so there's stuff on the walls
- Master Bathroom: Complete - stuff on walls
- Kitchen: Complete - a few things up...
- Master Bedroom: Complete - also stuff...
- Downstairs Family Room: Incomplete
- Office/Studio: Incomplete
- Mud Room: Incomplete
- Living Room: as complete as we can get without the new couches as previously mentioned. Walls are painted and furniture placement is really determined, what's to stop me from adding wall decor? (besides a clock...) THAT is what Kevin wants to know!

   So! I took the first step: I've thought about it! What shall we hang? Framed photos? Artwork? My artwork? Other's people's art? Shelving to sit all my little dust-collectors? (that's what my mom calls 'em)
  All of the nice photos we have are either already hanging up in the Front Entryway or their all wedding photos/pictures of Finch. While a few photos from the wedding are okay here and there, and picture of my boy Finch are the cutest pics in town: we need some variety....
   Well have I got news for you! I got myself lost amongst all the amazing artist prints available on Society6 - a site that sells printed artwork (and even frames) the sweet artwork submitted by independent artists from all over. Have a peek! I stumbled across some really great artwork that I think will work really well at our place!

   Here's what we've ordered!
We ordered "Perch" by Eric Fan in a walnut frame to go in our living room to hang alongside a few other pieces I've collected - including the two vintage tin tile squares I purchased at the Mother's Day Market
We LOVE this artwork called "Let's All Go And Have Breakfast" by Teo Zirinis.
The PERFECT wall spot in the kitchen eagerly awaits this yummy print in a white frame.
"Lost In Stripes" by Bianca Green in a walnut frame is the sweetest pen drawing style print featuring a lovely little cluster of birch tree trunks. This piece shall be displayed in the downstairs family room when it's done - on the wall or up on the fireplace mantle - We think it will look sweet!
Okay - perhaps I've begun a nesting phase.... I couldn't pass up this AWESOME Alphabet print, appropriately titled "Muppet Alphabet" by Mike Boon. We chose a natural wood frame thinking that it will go...eventually....into the cutest nursery in town.
   Okay, these last prints are JUST for Kevin and I think we'll have a perfect place for them in the new office/studio space by Kevin's desk once the room is done.
   We ordered 4 prints from the same artist, Danny Haas, without frame = free shipping, 8" x 10" will fit into IKEA frames for cheaper.
Ready?
"Logan" by Danny Haas
"Banner" by Danny Haas
"Stark" by Danny Haas
"Parker" by Danny Haas
   I think these four double-identity prints of some of Kevin's favorite Marvel characters will look sweet framed and hung all together - kind of like this:

   So maybe I got a little carried away with purchasing from Society6, but there were just SO many cool artist prints to choose from! It was hard to decide!
   Our new artwork should arrive any day and maybe Kevin will finally be satisfied with our 'wall status' :) We'll be sure to show you how it all turns out!

  What do you think of our new artwork?

No comments:

Post a Comment