Tabs - pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

Mother's Day Market

   Last Sunday - Mother's Day - My mom, Bonnie, and I went to visit the Mother's Day Market after brunch. The market was at the same location (the historic Smith Douglas More house in Eden Prairie) and contributors as the Be Mine Market I posted about back in Feb.
   Here's a look a the Mother's Day Market :)



some the displays were a little over the top and overwhelming - like photo on the left, and other areas were more focused and easier to take in - like the photo on the right. How much would I LOVE to get my hands on that metal shelving - treated as a hutch - to maximize display space at Finch's Boutique?!

right - I liked these little tin boxes used to hang herbs - I could make that right?
Because of the great weather, they were able to expand out onto the front porch and yard of this historic home.  Hanging baskets, flowers and herbs were perfect for Mother's Day :)

And here's what I left with!
My mom and I found these great, old tin tiles - there was a stack of them - and picked out these two with different embossed tile designs - the old, cracked paint adds some warm texture - NOT sure where these will go yet - but I'll let you know. It's funny: this purchase isn't SO VERY difference from my purchase at the Be Mine Market in Feb!
Remember the vintage wooden door I bought last time that ended up hanging above our new bed?
   Apparently I have a thing for ornate, white, vintage stuff? I think maybe I like them for their architectural-ness? Who knows...
 
Later on that day....
   We celebrated Mother's Day with Kevin's Mom and family by picking up Taco Bell - as per usual :) -  drinking wine/beer and playing games around the kitchen table - so much fun!
   Kevin's mom, Deb, has a wildlife/bird sanctuary just beyond her yard - so she has no shortage of bird, deer, turkey, fox, and other wild visitors....
We were do pleased to see this Goldfinch couple - my favorite! - at the feeders. They must have been distracted when they both flew into the glass door and were pretty disoriented. Deb scooped them right up, kept them warm and made sure they would be okay. They flew off in no time. Whew! LUCKILY They weren't snatched up by the HUGE owl that was peeping at us from the woods! yikes!
It was a great day with both of our moms!
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment